PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT, RELEASE AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK
In consideration of the services of The House of Jump, LLC DBA House of Jump, their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf, I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge Pure Imagination, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that my participation in jumping, trampolines, inflatables, gymnastics training, fitness classes, and instruction and other various disciplines entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: slips and falls; falling from equipment; rope burns; pinches, scrapes, twists and jolts that could result in scratches, bruises, sprains, lacerations, fractures, concussions, or even more severe life threatening hazards; strains, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness and fractures; musculoskeletal injuries including head, neck, and back; injuries to internal organs; the negligence of other people; the negligence of other participants, or other persons who may be present; my own physical condition; and the risk of emotional and psychological injuries or physical damage associated with this activity. In any event, if your child is injured, your child may require medical assistance, at your own expense.
Furthermore, House of Jump employees have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant's fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless House of Jump from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of House of Jump's equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of Pure Imagination.
4. Should House of Jump or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney's fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage I may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition I may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against House of Jump, I agree to do so solely in the state of Utah, and I further agree that the substantive law of that state shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
JUMPING SAFETY & ACCIDENT PREVENTION
As in most active sports participants might get injured. The following are common reasons why trampoline accidents can occur.
Double Flips: It is extremely difficult to perform a double-flip and any mistakes attempting one could cause serious injury, paralysis or death if incorrectly performed. WE do NOT allow Double Flips.
Somersaults: Landing on the head or neck can cause serious injury, paralysis or death even when landing in the middle of the mat. Attempt at your own risk.
Dangerous Tricks: Flips and other tricks can be dangerous. Perform at your own risk only if you have sufficient skill to avoid injury.
Inadequate Skill Level: Attempting skills above one's ability may cause serious injury, paralysis or death.
More than one person on one trampoline: Use by more than one person at the same time can result in serious injuries so please use caution and be aware. Do not double bounce someone; this can result in Major Accidents.
Frame: Jumpers should stay in the center of the trampoline when jumping. Injury could result from, hitting the frame when control is lost. Do not jump directly onto the safety pad.
Foreign objects: Jumping with a foreign object or holding onto objects can also increase the chances of getting injured. This included keys, belt buckles, phones and cameras.
Jumping from the trampolines to the decking or platform areas: Improper transfer can result in sprained or broken ankles and/or other injuries. Walk from trampoline to decking areas.
Alcohol and drug use: Alcohol and drug use impair a jumper's coordination, loss of control as well as injuries are greatly increased.
Warp Wall: Do not aid other participants in climbing the warp wall whether from above or beneath the warp wall. Once a top the warp wall, dangerous ticks are to be performed at your own risk only if you have sufficient skill to avoid injury.
RULES AND REGULATION FOR USE
Assumption of Risk: Participation in trampoline activities is an inherently dangerous recreational activity and involves a level of risk that each participant must evaluate on their own. By using this facility, you are assuming a risk of serious injury or death. WARNING!!! Catastrophic injury, paralysis or even death may result from failing to follow the rules below and due to inherent risks, sometimes even if all riles are followed.
Liability Waiver: **A waiver is REQUIRED for all jumpers (NO EXCEPTIONS). Those under the age of 18 must have the agreement completed and signed by their parent or legal guardian. By using the equipment and property at this facility, all guests of HOUSE OF JUMP are bound by the liability waiver.
Wristbands: NO one allowed on any court without a wristband. We reserve the right to REVOKE anyone's wristband.
Security Footage: Security footage will be used to determine severity of injuries and incidents. You hereby allow House of Jump to release this security footage of yourself and the minors you are responsible for. House of Jump will release the footage ONLY when they deem necessary for the investigation and clarity of injuries or incidents. Requests for security footage will not be granted unless House of Jump feels it necessary.
Small kids area: Only children 48 inches and under are allowed to participate in the little kids arena.
Dangerous Tricks: No flips and or double flips. No tricks over safety pads. Perform tricks at your own risk only if you have sufficient skill to avoid injury. Do not double bounce.
Resting: Do not sit or lie on the court. If you need to rest you must exit the court.
Clothing: Clothes must be free of hanging zippers, belts and strings. Please remove jewelry. Empty pockets and have nothing in mouth (gum, candy or other).
Be alert: Be aware and considerate of those around you. Jump with people that are similar size.
No climbing: Do not climb on walls or netting.
No Rough-Housing: No tackling or shoving. Rough-housing can also cause injury. Foul language will not be tolerated: The use of such is grounds for removal from the facility.
Drugs: Absolutely no alcohol/drug/smoking use on or around the premises.
I understand that House of Jump is not a Dance Hall.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if anyone is hurt or property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against Pure Imagination on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document. I have read and understand it, and I agree to be bound by its terms.